So I was bored today and I decided to come up with a really simple and quick look in a bright shade to make my eyes stand out. I decided to go for royal blue/navy because it’s one of my favorite colors and since I wanted the look to be simple and wearable during the day (despite being quite bright and noticeable) I literally only used one eyeshadow for this, an angled brushand a shadow brush.
You can do this with any royal blue/navy eyeshadow and any angled and eyeshadow brushes, but I specifically used the Kiko eyeshadow in 165, the Avon angled brush and the Elle eyeshadow brush. None of the brushes have numbers or specific names in them, the “general” names are the only thing printed on them to identify them.
- I started off by applying the Catrice Camouflage Cream as an eye primer because the eyeshadow I used tends to move throughout the day.
- Using the damp angled brush, I applied the eyeshadow as close to the upper lash line as possible, creating a medium (in thickness, that is) line. I patted the color instead of sweeping it across so that I get the best color payoff possible out of the eyeshadow.
- Then I grabbed the flat eyeshadow brush (which looks weird in the picture but that’s because it’s not laid straight on the surface) keeping it dry and smudged the line up in the direction of the center of the eyelid so that the “transition” between my skin color and the blue isn’t as harsh.
- Next I went in with my damp angled brush again and drew the line (yet again) patting the eyeshadow on to further intensify the color closest to the lash line.
- Finally, I dragged the blue eyeshadow a little down into the outer most corner of my bottom lash line and smudged it.
- As an optional last step, I applied 2 layers of the Maybelline The Falsies mascara to give the whole look a little more “drama” and definition and I also used my Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to highlight my brow bone.
Because I wanted this look to still be wearable during the day, I paired it with a nude lip and just a touch of a pinky blush.
Here you have a close shot of my open eyes.
And closed too. As you can see, this is really just a line along the top lash line.
Sorry for the lighting on the last picture, the eyeshadow kept getting washed off on camera so I stepped into direct natural light to take this, hence the yellowish look.
This is all for today, I hope you enjoyed the look, it literally takes 2 minutes to do and thank you for reading! Until next time, have fun you people! ^^