Spring in here as been as MIA as I have, the days are super dark, so no pictures over here… I am dying to post about a new eye look I came up with recently. On the meantime, and as I have 3 of these awards lined up and waiting (and I don’t wanna make a huge post just answering questions) I’m gonna do a post for each one in the next few days unless the sun comes out. So here we go.
I was nominated by Wanderlust, thank you so much! She posts about her life in general, does tags, she posts about pretty much whatever she wants, and I do find myself peeking into her life every once in a while lately. 😛 Go check her blog out, maybe you’ll like it and she’ll get a few more followers. ^^
The purpose of the Liebster Award is to promote blogs that have less than 200 followers, and to generate attention towards them.
The rules of the award:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate eleven blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers).
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them eleven questions to answer.
Now I’m going to answer her questions! 😀
1. What is one thing you can’t leave the house without?
My phone. If my mom calls me and I don’t answer the phone she’ll be calling every hospital and police station in this country, and she’ll get my neighbors looking for me in every ditch I could be lying dead in. Sorry for the trash talking, mom! xD
2. If you could speak a 2nd or 3rd language fluently, what would it be?
First off, if it’s gonna be a 2nd or 3rd one, you’re already too late on the question, lol. I am Portuguese, I speak English, Spanish and Italian but I won’t actually talk in Italian, I just write because my pronounce is horrible (I believe). So if you literally mean “talking” I’ll go for Italian. If you mean learning an entirely new language to me, I’ll pick Russian. I once had a Russian piano teacher and though I could understand her, I always thought I would love to be able to speak her language. Shout out to the best piano teacher ever! 😀
3. Favorite scent?
Vanilla. Chocolate sounds like a pretty good answer too.
4. Do you have a favorite high school memory?
Not really. When I went to high school my father decided to put me into a private school as punishment for being too independent when it comes to himself (which he described as being a rebel just to piss him off). I basically spent the next years avoiding spoiled little brats (most of the students were little brats) and socializing with only 3 or 4 people while making the workers in there understand that at 17 years old, I am not eating something I don’t like just because they think they can make me eat it (they’d try to force you to eat everything they’d put on your plate and I hate spinach soup). They ended up calling my mom for that one because I refused to eat the soup and she told them if she doesn’t force me to eat something, no one will. 😀 Then again, my mom’s reaction to the school’s call is a great memory, eheheh.
5. What is your favorite animal?
I love animals in general. But I love cats the most.
6. If you were given a million dollars today, what is the first thing you would buy?
First off, I would take like 10k dollars and religiously save them to pay for the rest of my major. A major in here isn’t that expensive BUT I’m starting to wonder when will I finish it so at least I’ll know I’m not draining anyone’s money. Secondly, I’d buy my mom a huge trip somewhere as she loves to travel just as much as I do but she never does. Then I’d invest the rest of it. 😀
7. What is your favorite outfit to wear right now?
My PJ’s! Kidding, lol. Sporty clothes and sneakers. I have a ligament rupture and it hurts to walk or move so right now I’m enjoying stretchy clothes and super comfortable shoes. Heels and boots are banned for the next months. 😀
8. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
Really? No idea. I used to plan every single thing ahead of time and be like “By 21 I’ll have my major and a good job and I’ll be close to getting married and having kids in a couple years and…”. Look at me now, I’m 24, no major, I may have the job but hey, I want that major, I’m nowhere close to getting married and I don’t even think I want to and kids before my major? Pffff, nope! Moral of the story: no plans or it’ll make you pissed, disappointed and homicidal if things don’t go as planned, lol. So I don’t know where I’ll be in 10 years neither do I want to know, lol. Go with the flow, pal! 😛
9. If someone asked you to name their baby, what would you name it? Boy or girl?
Huh… For a boy, I don’t know, I never really thought about it. Maybe Tiago? For a girl, that’s easy, I was asked to name a baby before. Either Carolina or Sofia. Or both!
10. Favorite gem stone?
Yayks, I’m a programmer, not an archeologist. 😛 Maybe amethyst, I love its color.
Now 11 random facts (I hate this part, I ran out of random facts a long time ago):
- Right now I feel like a junkie in rehab: I am dying to go skate and kick some pads and I can’t. 😦
- I used to volunteer at an animal shelter.
- I used to have serious anxiety problems. I’m much better now except for when it comes to college exams.
- Due to the fact above I hate change in general. But to keep improving you have to keep changing. So I push myself into certain changes that I want to do despite of fearing them and I usually end up loving them, lol.
- I wear contact lenses. Without them I’m practically blind. You can stick 3 fingers up right in front of my nose and all I see is a blurry mass, lol.
- As a kid I used to run to the forest right in front of my grandparents’ house. I would then lie down somewhere in it for hours and just stay there looking at all the trees.
- My favorite childhood memory about going to my grandparents’ village is my grandpa sitting by the fireplace with his hat on and his beautiful blue eyes while singing funny, discreetly dirty and naughty songs for me to learn and sing without knowing their meaning (No, he wasn’t trying to abuse me or anything. -.- He was just a really funny man with a very joyful personality who loved making fun of everything.).
- The reason I went for a computer science-like major: my mom’s friend used to take me home at 7 or 8 years old, teach me everything he knew, give me a broken computer and let me figure out how to fix it myself. He kept teaching me new stuff for the next years because I loved it and trying to influence me on going for my major because he said I was a computer wiz, so I did.
- I don’t like to be noticed. Ever. I’d rather skip class than go in after 20 minutes from its start and have everyone gawking at me.
- I suck at sports. Unless I really really love them. Then I work my little behind off until I go all the way to the top just for the fun of doing what I enjoy the most (the actual sport, specifically figure skating and Taekwondo).
- Right now I’m trying to come up with a cute design for a birthday card for a 6 year old. My friend’s kid, Matilde, has been kind of insistent on the fact she never got a birthday card before so I got some materials and I am making her one as a surprise.
Finally, my nominees:
- Amy from Amy Gives It a Go;
- Shallan from Chic N Canadian;
- Priyanka from The Makeup Saga;
- Nina from NinaRossBeauty;
- Sutton from Tinsel and Tiaras;
- Mallory from teenglitterqueen;
- Asha from The Oxford Owl;
- A Work of Artifice;
- Fatima from Lipsticks & Coffee.
I couldn’t come up with any other bloggers to torture with yet another award I give them (some of the ones in the list are recurring nominees, I’m sorry xD) so I’ll end here. Last, the questions for them to answer:
- 1. Did you ever win any sportsday events?
- 2. What’s the least greatest thing about being your nationality?
- 3. Who was your first best friend?
- 4. What nicknames do you have/have had?
- 5. Do you have a strong local accent?
- 6. Have you ever entered a talent contest?
- 7. Would you like to build/design your own house?
- 8. What fairytale character would you most associate with?
- 9. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
- 10. If you and a friend both wanted the same thing would you let the friend get it first?
- 11. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
Ok, ok, I’ll confess. I cheated a bit. I ran out of questions and looked some online. xD That’s what happens when you keep writing this kind of posts, lol.
This is all for today’s post, I hope you liked reading this huuuuge text, and thank you for spending your time with me!